Janis Joplin - Maybe  

Posted by Son Of Alerik in

Usually when I post I gather information from my mentioned sources and I put it toghether, according of cource to what I know and I belive about that certain song/album cover etc... But when it comes to some singers/bands I tend to become much more subjective: i just listen to that song and try to give it a meaning.

"Maybe" from Janis Joplin is more than one simple hit from one of the most successful women and artists of all times. It involves her power of attracting the listeners from the first second. I tried to find a video version of this song in which the begining is at its best: Big Brother and the Holding Company with powerfull trompet instruments making the entrance of their favourite lady.

It is said that Janis Joplin is the only female singer to be compared with the black singers. She could do the blues.

She died at 27 when she has allready made history...

- to be continued -

Read also:

This entry was posted on Wednesday 10 December 2008 at Wednesday, December 10, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 feedback

Post a Comment